Rapid prototyping is the speedy creation of a full-scale model. It is a preparatory version of any product before it is mass-produced. Rapid prototyping using 3D printing technology is a quick, easy, cost-effective way to turn great ideas into successful products. 3-dimensional printing enables designers to design the product and print it as per their customization in minimal time. It opens doors for innovation by eliminating the restrictions of conventional prototyping which is much more complex and time-consuming.
Industries for which it’s best useful for:
Aerospace and Defense –It becomes a necessity for these industries to test the product for safety and security measures, hence designing the product virtually and testing it through rapid prototype enables the industries to test the product, its efficiency, enhance and improvise it. This helps in saving time by avoiding the time consumed to manufacture or design the molds or special tools, as this can be done virtually.
Manufacturing – Rapid prototyping is highly automated which eases the designer’s efforts and helps to quickly modify the product. This produces an accurate model for testing its form, features, performance, efficiency, and usability. This becomes an added advantage as it saves a lot more time and gives an upper hand in the market in comparison to other competitors. The risk that is involved in error production can be avoided as any design faults can be easily noticed and corrected.
Consumer products – In order to enhance the product to make it appealing to the consumers, this technology can be used to improvise, beautify products before mass production. Improvisation can be done based on the feedback. It serves the purpose of product development and avoids the risk of excess inventory. Like new designs for shoes, earphones, vacuum cleaners can be designed virtually, printed using 3D technology, and tested.
- Like already mentioned it provides various opportunities for changes, enhancement, innovation, and creativity.
- It saves a lot more time compared to the regular or conventional prototyping method.
- The cost that is incurred in developing a product is reduced as the necessity for molds, tools are avoided.
- It also reduces the labor cost not just the manufacturing cost and this reduces wastage.
- The designs can be customized, the manufacturer does not have to stick to the standard designs.
- Better and amplified visualization, the product does not have to be imagined but can be viewed on the screen virtually and a correct/improvised model would be replicated when printed.
- The products can now be presented to investors, stakeholders, board members which increases the trust and credibility of the company.
SolutionBuggy has helped more than 5,500+ Consultants to connect with more than 55,000+ industries through the 950+ projects executed on the platform. The platform not only connects the expert to the industry but also provides a platform to brand oneself as a subject matter expert and gain credibility. Also, the projects executed by the consultants are tracked and the feedback recorded on the platform, which helps the consultant to build a brand for oneself.
437 total views, 2 views today