- Indian pharmaceutical sector supplies almost 50% of the generic drug demand in the world.
- About 40 PE deals, worth $220mn last year were related to the pharma sector to encourage new entrepreneurs.
- Expected $55bn value of branded drugs to become off-patent in 2017-19, giving opportunity to new pharma plants to manufacture these drugs.
- Pharma vision 2020 is a government program to promote end to end drug manufacturing in specialised pharma parks which have single window clearance policy.
- Chronic therapy medication and other alternative medication usage to increase by 15% pushing India in the top 10 medicine consuming countries.
- High interest in pharmaceutical industries by entrepreneurs in East and Southern regions leading to high demand for quality consultants in this region.